What to pay attention to when using diesel generators in winter
Because of the cold weather in winter, the use and maintenance of some machines must be distinguished from other seasons. When using a diesel generator in winter, it is necessary to ensure that the cooling water does not solidify. When starting up, it is necessary to warm up slowly and check the lubricant often. It is necessary to do a good job in keeping the generator warm; in the winter, the fuel for the generator should be light diesel with a low freezing point and good ignition performance, which will be introduced in detail below.
What to pay attention to when using diesel generators in winter
1. If the diesel generator set is often used outdoors, then you should pay attention to the temperature change in winter.
If the temperature is lower than 4 ℃, we should release the cooling water in the cooling water tank of the diesel generator set, so as to ensure that the cooling water will not be damaged due to solidification.
2. We need to warm up the diesel generator in winter and start slowly. Because the temperature of the air sucked in the cylinder is relatively low, it is difficult for the piston to reach the temperature of diesel self-ignition after compressing the gas.
So after starting, it should run at low speed for 3-5 minutes. After the overall problem of the diesel generator set improves, check the condition of the lubricating oil. If there is no problem, it can run normally.
3. In winter, we need to change the air filter. Because the winter monsoon is relatively large, there are relatively more impurities in the air.
Change the air filter element frequently to reduce the impurities entering the cylinder, thereby extending the service life of the diesel generator set.
4. Use the correct oil. In winter, low-viscosity motor oil is generally used.
5, do a good job of diesel generators to keep warm, and conditions can be equipped with equipment such as insulation jackets.
Maintenance methods of diesel generators in winter
The low temperature in winter can easily increase the viscosity and the fluidity of diesel, which will make it difficult for diesel to spread, cause poor atomization, and even worsen the combustion, which will reduce the power and economic performance of diesel engines.
Therefore, light diesel oil with low freezing point and good ignition performance should be used in winter. Generally, the freezing point of a diesel engine should be 7-10 ° C lower than the local current seasonal temperature.
2. Start with open flame
In places where the temperature is too low, an open flame can be used to assist in starting the machine, but the air filter must not be removed. Use cotton yarn dipped in diesel to ignite and place a lighter in the intake pipe to start combustion.
In this way, during the startup process, the dusty air from the outside will be directly sucked into the cylinder without filtering, causing abnormal wear of the pistons, cylinders and other parts, and also causing rough work of the diesel engine and damage to the machine.
3. Premature or no cooling water
The generator runs at idle speed before stopping. When the temperature of the cooling water drops below 60 ° C, the water is not hot, and then the flame is turned off. If the cooling water is released prematurely, the body will suddenly contract and be cracked when it is attacked by cold air when the temperature is high.
When draining water, the remaining water in the body should be completely discharged to prevent it from freezing and expanding, which will cause the body to swell.
4.Selection of lubricating oil
Low freezing point oil should be used in winter, and the temperature of the oil outside the machine can be used to increase the oil temperature during startup. It is not recommended to use open flames, so as not to deteriorate the oil in the oil pan, or even burn it, reduce or completely lose the lubricating performance, thereby exacerbating machine wear.
5, start method
In the winter, conditionally assemble a water jacket heater for the generator so that the machine can maintain a certain "body temperature" and can be easily operated at any time.
In order to quickly start a diesel generator set, some operators often use the abnormal starting method of starting without water (starting first, then adding cooling water). This method will cause serious damage to the machine and should not be used.
The correct pre-heating method is: first cover the thermal insulation cover on the water tank, open the water drain valve, and continuously inject clean soft water at 60-70 ° C into the water tank. Then start again.
6.Precautions for low temperature with load
After the diesel generator set was on fire, some operators could not wait to put into load operation immediately. Due to the low temperature of the diesel engine and the high viscosity of the oil, the diesel engine that has not caught fire easily will not be charged into the moving friction surface, which will cause severe wear of the machine.
In addition, plunger springs, valve springs, and injector springs are also prone to breakage due to "cold brittleness". Therefore, after the diesel generator is on fire in winter, it should be idled for a few minutes at a low to medium speed. When the cooling water temperature reaches 60 ° C, it should be put into load operation.
The above is the introduction of "what you need to pay attention to when using diesel generators in winter", I hope to help you!
- The use and realization of diesel generators has also changed in different weather and temperatures in different seasons. So, how to make a diesel generator safely through a season in the process of using a diesel generator? Here are three suggestions. In the manual of the lubricating oil unit, there are no special requirements for oil, and there is no "winter or summer".
- Matters needing attention when assembling diesel generator sets: before use, it can effectively avoid unnecessary damage to the equipment, and it is easy to transfer moisture to the equipment. Attention should be paid to the assembly of the generator set and equipped with lightning protection devices. The reliability of the two-way switch wiring needs to be reviewed by the local power supply department, and the pipeline should be lowered by 5-10 degrees. If the assembly environment is wet, the generator housing must be reliably grounded and the pipe diameter must be the muffler or outlet diameter.
- The rental of diesel generators is the supplier of emergency backup power after a power failure. Most of the units are in standby mode. Once the power is cut off, it is necessary for the unit to "start in an emergency and supply power in an emergency" or the backup unit will lose its meaning. The starter battery of the unit is unprotected for a long time. The electrolyte water does not increase in real time after the water of the electrolyte evaporates. It is not equipped with a starter battery charger. The battery's power decreases after natural discharge of the battery for a long time. Charge / float charge switching. In view of the negligence of the failure to perform the switching control, the battery power cannot meet the conditions, except for handling this exception.
- What to pay attention to when using diesel generators in winter
- What to pay attention to when renting equipment for generators
- What are the problems and common faults of the generator fault light
- Relevant knowledge and cleaning methods of diesel generators
- Reasons for the failure of diesel generators and their applications
- Common problems and errors of diesel generators
- Introduction of generator inspection content and its structure
- Problems and maintenance of generators in work
- Drainage regulations for diesel generators and faults
- Explain the diesel generator fault treatment method and its